Forfeiture Fund

Most Police Agencies receive funds from assets seized in criminal activities such as drug and criminal syndicate enterprises. These funds must be used for Federal and State mandated and approved police expenditures. The expenditures MUST be related to supporting police functions that continue to combat crime as it relates to drug enforcement in some capacity. Most department narcotic’s units are directly supported by the SWAT or special enforcement units that are directly responsible for eradicating drug activity. Most forfeiture accounts are managed by the State or County for which they reside. Check with your department’s accounting representative to inquire if you can submit a request to use the “Forfeiture Fund” to purchase an armored vehicle in direct support of your narcotic’s enforcement.